Well, I can’t believe that not only have I been running Nurturing Mums for over 2 years now…. but that also means I’ve been a parent for 2 1/2 years! As you know, my journey into the world of postnatal support was based on personal experience… I have become passionate about making sure hundreds of mamas each year have access to our non-judgemental, expert advice.
As we hit 2 thousand followers on instagram and are 2 years into the business, we thought this would be a great time to take stock on what we have achieved so far:
- From September, our postnatal course will now be in 9 London locations: Muswell Hill, Crouch End, Islington, Hampstead, Blackheath, Battersea, Balham, Earlsfield and Queens Park.
- Our goody bags are bigger and better than ever. Now worth over £50 they contain Mori blankets, Baby London magazine, Bloom & Blossom baby wash, Freyda’s feeding bars, Piccolo food pouches and a £25 gift voucher for Pretty at Home beauty services (and that’s not all!)
- We have an actual office in a building with other businesses – this feels like a big step but it takes a lot of work and co-ordination setting up courses throughout London (and holding stock for our online store)
- We launched (and are re-launching) our online store! Have you paid us a visit yet? Our store is a great place to find amazing products from small baby brands perfect for goodies for mums, mums-to-be and babies!
- We are a small team – I’m lucky enough to have some fantastic support around me, with both course coordination, business expansion and much more. We’re all about creating an environment of work that works for the Nurturing Mums gang.
- We are running more events.. both antenatally and postnatally… from returning to work, pelvic floor chats, postnatal & pregnancy exercise, feeding… you can see our events here!
- We’ve been nominated for a Little London award for best class – keep everything crossed!
- We are working with some amazing individuals and brands – we continue to have a great relationship with Mamas and Papas talking to hundreds of parents-to-be most months about those first few months of parenthood!
- We’ve made excellent friends, worked with some amazing businesses and met SO many wonderful mums and babies we can’t wait… here’s to the next 2 years!
What does the future hold?
- A new NM baby (Lucinda’s second baby is due in September)
- More course locations being added!
- Exciting re-launch of our online store!
How can you get involved?
We want as many of you as possible to join us on this rollercoaster ride that is being a parent…
- Join a course and/or attend an event.
- Vote for us for best class in the Little London Awards (pretty please)!
- Write for us – we are always looking for guest bloggers!
- Shout about us – the more mums that know postnatal support is out there, the better
- Contribute to our goody bags – especially if you’re a small and local biz to any of our course locations!
- Collaborate with us – whether that’s through an event, the store or courses!
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway over on Instagram – details go up later today…