As 2017 draws to a close and in this Crimbo-limbo period between Christmas and New Year, it’s a great time to reflect on our achievements over the past year.
- Expanded across London… our non-judgemental postnatal courses are now in 9 London locations (with more planned for next year): Islington, Hampstead, Muswell Hill, Battersea, Blackheath, Balham, Queens Park, Crouch End and Earlsfield!
- Not to mention the East Midlands…. the lovely Jenni will be kicking off the new year in Market Haborough, bringing our postnatal courses to even more new parents and babies!
- We have a real life office – this is a big step for any small business, but having real office space has really helped the business flourish.
- 3 team members… We are a tight-knit team of 3 – Kirsty and Danielle have kept everything running swimmingly during my mat leave and 2018 will see Kirsty having another NM baby team member!
- A newly relaunched online store – the relaunch of The Nurturing Mums Store when I was 38 weeks pregnant was a massive achievement – so many gorgeous mum and baby brands all in one place – thank you all for shopping small!
- Been nominated for a Little London Awards – we may not have won this year, but we were thrilled our courses were nominated for such a prestigious award against some very big players!
- Our following has increased – we have a combined following of over 4,500 people watching our behind the scenes news at @nurturingmums and @nurturingmumsstore on instagram – come and join in the fun!
- Attended 5 trade shows, one of which is in Paris – as someone without a strong retail background, attending trade shows has been a great way to grow and develop the Nurturing Mums Store and meet some amazing suppliers!
- Received some excellent reviews – a couple to mention are those by Lux Mumma which you can read HERE and the wonderful Em from The Mossy Hill that you can read here!
- Have goody bags worth over £75 – with organic bamboo cotton blankets from Mori, gift vouchers from Bubble Babysitting so you can get a well-deserved night out, organic food pouches from Piccolo PLUS MUCH MORE – see here about the latest contents!
- New exciting venues – Nurturing Mums is being hosted in some London Dinny Hall jewellery stores next year – super glam and cosy for our new mamas.
- Run some amazing events – from pregnancy pilates, pelvic floor events and flexible working discussions, we have hosted a whole series of fantastic events this year – many more of them to come in 2018.
- Had our first dad attendee – we may be called Nurturing Mums but dads are VERY welcome – see what our first dad attendee thought of us here!
- Spoken to thousands of Parents-to-be – we are thrilled to have spoken to hundreds of parents almost monthly for Mamas and Papas at their Parents-to-be events – they are a fab way of soaking up ALL the nursery / car seat / buggy info in-store, plus our top tips on getting through those first few months. We will be back in Jan – you can see more info here!
- Last but not least… we have a new Nurturing Mums baby! NM Mum boss Lucinda had baby number 2, little Ottilie back in September and it has been wonderful – her top tips on getting through life with 2 are here!
I’d like to personally thank you for all your support, encouragement, bookings, purchases, recommendations and LOVE. We couldn’t do it without you and look forward to a cracking 2018!