What do you get a new mother for Mother’s Day?
One of the most special days of the year for a new mum is her first Mother’s Day. Obviously, your baby is too small to make you something, so the big task falls on Dad to get it right. We’ve put together a Mother’s Day gift guide for dads. You can either ‘accidentally’ leave open on the computer or boldly email it straight to your partner with highlighted sections!
Things that are lasting and memorable
1) Our first suggestion is the best (hint, hint) and we think covers all bases! A Postnatal course with Nurturing Mums will give you friends to last a lifetime, advice that gets you on track, a sociable weekly diary date / meet-up. Not to mention the professional mum & baby photo and the amazing pampering morning that are included. The gift of sanity and practical advice! What could be better?
*SPECIAL MOTHER’S DAY OFFER* Book onto our Spring Babies East Finchley course by Mother’s Day and use our NM20 code for 25% off! Please quote ‘Mother’s Day’ on booking form.
2) Jewellery with a certain emphasis…We have another special offer from a new and exciting company for some beautiful bespoke silver jewellery, it is both personal and lovely. Local jewellery maker Sally Vanderpump is offering a 10% discount to Nurturing Mums. Order before the 18th March for Mother’s Day. Check out her range, which includes initial pendants and cute peas in a pod, on her website or call her on 07958 441 666 to discuss a commission. Quote ‘Nurturing Mums’ to claim the discount.
Things that are likely to make a new mum feel loved
1) Flowers almost always go down well, they are a message of love. But make sure you get her favourites!
2) Something personalised – your baby’s handprint, a personalised print of your likes from somewhere like Not on the High Street or a memorable Scrabble word-art you can frame. Paper Cut Design makes some lovely prints. Or a gift voucher for Zebra Ceramics where you can make something special.
3) A photo shoot of you and your baby with your husband / partner with our favourite photographer, Felicity Lass. Felicity has a *SPECIAL OFFER* on at the moment…a half price photo shoot! Treat yourself or a friend this Mother’s day by booking a family photo shoot in the comfort of your own home or local park. Felicity’s shoots are relaxed and informal resulting in beautiful natural images of your family to treasure for years to come. Just £40 for a session (usual price £80). Book before 30th of March to take advantage of offer.
Things that are likely to put a smile on a sleep-deprived mother’s face
1) A day off – A full baby free day, or even just an afternoon. High tea? A day with friends? Knowing that Dad is watching the baby is a great gift in and of itself. If you are breastfeeding, then bring baby and Dad along to take your precious bundle off of your hands as soon as you are done feeding.
2) A day at the spa – kick back and relax with a luxurious pampering treatment. Hours in a spa can melt any new mums anxieties and tiredness away (at least for a good few hours!)
3) A night away – pack your bags and change your scenery for the night. Bring the travel cot and order room service or hire a babysitter and spend the evening in the hotel’s restaurant.
4) A romantic dinner – A glass of wine, some home cooked food that isn’t take-away or something revolving around your baby’s needs will go down a treat.
Don’t forget to tell the new mum how special she is and what a great job she is doing! Those words are worth a hundred gifts any day!
Please add your special offers or other ideas for Mother’s Day gifts…