Alexandra, the mama behind the brand popped into Nurturing Mums HQ shared with me 10 top facts about the brand, the clothes and her inspiration behind Little Yellow London.
- Alexandra’s background is as a stylist. When she fell pregnant, she still wanted to wear fashion forward clothing, but realised there wasn’t much choice out there so she made and designed her own jumpsuits throughout her pregnancy!
- The brand name ‘Little Yellow London’ was inspired by the Rolling Stones song “Mother’s Little Helper”
- The collection is simple: jumpsuits, dungarees, culotte jumpsuits, dresses and bomber jackets to take you from maternity wear and beyond. They are both bump and breastfeeding friendly!
- Bold, colourful prints are the name of the game – just check out the bomber jacket below!
- The clothes are named after important women in Alexandra’s life – her sister / daughter / mum etc.
- Little Yellow London is ethically produced – Alexandra works with a factory in the UK where she can keep a close eye on the manufacturing process.
- Alexandra is a North London mama and has one gorgeous daughter – Annie.
- Little Yellow London have a a mini me range that DOES GOOD.
- The Mini Me series consists of Nappy Covers and Bibs. Mini Me uses the same fun loving prints from the main collection and are lined with 100% organic cotton. Profits from our Mini Me collection are donated to Mothers2Mothers, a charity which works to educate, employ and empower mothers and babies living with HIV around the world
- Size wise… as I was 36 weeks pregnant when I wore the Natalie jumpsuit, I went a size up to my normal size… if it’s something I wanted to wear during early-mid pregnancy and postnatally, I’d have bought true to size.
You can shop the Little Yellow London collection HERE – you know you want to!
You can get 10% off your first order with code HOTMUMA