Are you having ONE OF THOSE DAYS? You know the ones, where you start out all positive and by precisely 8.01 am your positivity has vanished and you are wondering when is too early for wine (is there such as thing)? Just me then?
Yesterday, I woke up brimming with positivity – a rare occurrence, but it was the first of August and a Monday – a double summery whammy of #mondaymotivation. However, my smile was quickly wiped from my face when I was faced with a toddler happily prancing round his cot, caked in poo as his nappy had slid down. His cot looked like some sort of dirty protest had taken place and we swiftly started bath time. Another load of bedding had to be changed by 9.30 thanks to a vomiting episode – so safe to say I wasn’t cherishing every moment of parenthood yesterday morning.
Here is my list of either parent or baby fails that make some days, THOSE DAYS.. they will also be the days that you a) are feeling super positive, b) have to go out for the day and leave your baby with someone else or c) are meeting up with people and some/all of the following happens:
- Nappy explosion, poonami, whatever you want to call it – it ain’t pretty. Double points if it happens on a day your baby is wearing white and/or a brand new outfit.
- Sick episode. Packed a spare outfit for baby (if you’re lucky), but very unlikely to have a spare for you! Most likely to happen when you are far away from home.
- You are out and about and half way through a nappy change and have forgotten wipes and/or nappies. Danger nudey time or put the old nappy back on?
- Your baby/toddler somehow manages to look like they’ve had a full on fight with a tub of sudocrem – a surprising pain to clear up!
- Your baby will spill water/milk or worse on you to make it look like you’ve had an unfortunate accident.
- Your baby will have slept through for about a month then be up every hour for no reason whatsoever.
- Forget your rain cover & there’s an unexpected downpour when you are nowhere near your car or home.
- Poo in the bath – just noooooooo!
PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS DOESN’T JUST HAPPEN TO ME? Comment & let me know why your day has been ONE OF THOSE DAYS…