We like that we do things differently at Nurturing Mums. We also like to think we are pretty unique in our approach to postnatal support and that our courses reflect this…. so… if you are thinking about attending our postnatal course, but have a few questions, I thought I would answer some of the questions we get most frequently asked…
- Can I bring my baby with me? Yes of course – our courses are for when you are taking maternity leave. All babies welcome and no need to worry if they cry, you need to change or feed them – it’s a very relaxed atmosphere and our sessions are usually done in private areas or before the venues are even open to the public.
- Does it matter that I’ve done an antenatal course? Not at all, we have mums who join us who never attended an antenatal course and some mums come as a group of antenatal friends. As what we offer is practical support once your baby is born it’s completely different.
- I’m a second time mum, can I still come? Yes – all babies are different! Whether you want to meet mamas who are on maternity leave or you might want a first aid refresher, or this time round have a not so great sleeper… we can help…
- Can I bring a family member to one of the sessions? Yes of course, we’ve had parents, mother-in-laws and partners join us for sessions here and there, the more the merrier!
- How does the course work? It’s 4
- consecutive weekly sessions in your local area where we have different experts come in and give you tips on sleep, weaning and first aid.
- How long does each session last? Each session lasts an hour… although often our parents hang around for longer to chat and catch up.
- What are the timings of the sessions? 10-11am, which we find is a great way of getting new mamas up and out.
- What age should my baby be at the start of the course? There is no right answer to this question… we’ve had babies from 10 days to 10 months. I’d say the most common ages are 5 weeks-5 months.
- Who runs each session? Wonderful experts who really know their stuff! You can check out the experts in YOUR area by visiting our individual course experts pages.
- What if I have to miss a session? No problem, we know things happen beyond your control when you have a baby – either join us on a nearby course or follow up on the next course! We run the sessions as courses instead of just one offs as the course is about connecting with other parents too!
We can’t wait to meet hundreds more mams this year. We have just launched our Spring dates – so snap up your place now!